Monday, March 23, 2009

My trip...

Okay well, as you can see, I'm back!! And SOOOO happy to be "back home again in Indiana", LOL.
This trip wore me out.. Doug too. Caleb was unbearable at times but, the poor little guy had a hard time sitting in a car seat for 11.5 hours on the way there and then yesterday on the way back. We made several stops for him which is why the trip was 11.5 hours instead of the nine it should have been... But, he still didn't fair so well. It's a long trek.. Too long for a little guy his age, I think.
The little portable DVD player we bought last Fall was our savior. He watched Signing Time probably twenty times and that kept him happy up until hour nine and then he melted.. both on the way there and back.
Our trip took us into Illinois then into St. Louis. I'd never been to St. Louis before and was thrilled to see the Arch. The plan on the way there was to take Caleb to the park beside the arch and get his picture taken with the arch behind him but that didn't work out. We couldn't find a parking spot and had to turn around and ended up in East St. Louis. Um yeah, that was kinda scary...
Anyway, so that didn't work out so we found a baseball diamond up in St. Charles and let Caleb run around it for an hour.
After a few more stops we finally made it to Kansas City.
Kansas City is gorgeous. It's nothing like I thought it would be. It has lots of hills and it's very very nice. At least the part my sister in law lives in is. I really didn't see much else except downtown.
Wednesday was spent checking out the Overland Park area that my SIL lives in. Doug took me to a Joann's superstore and I got some great stuff there!! All 40% off!!
I was THRILLED to finally shop at an actual crafting store.. hadn't done that in ages!
My sister in law has three LSS (one of them is HUGE), a Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Joann superstore and an Archiver's all within ten miles of her (all but the LSS are right down the street.. literally). It's SOOOO not fair, I tell ya!!! LOL
But I just went to Joann's. I spent about $45 there so I did some damage. And all that was sale stuff so I got quite abit.
Let's see... I got:
Spring Glitter stack (this ROCKS!!)
K&Co Hannah beaded brads (YUMMY!)
Cloud 9 Cinnamon Stick Dimensional stickers (NEED THESE FOR MY SCRAPROOM DECOR)
K&Co Blue Awning chipboard words
My Wild Life chipboard accents (these are super cute if you have a little guy!)
My Wild Life shaped paper (I'm going to make placemats out of these)
Cloud 9 Cocoa Mint paper pack
some Easter eggs for Caleb, a wrought iron sconce for our home (only $7!) and my favorite thing.. an EK Success corner rounder that I can use to make scalloped paper!!!

Okay.. Caleb is being extremely needy right now.. I'll write more about my trip later. Have a good day!!




1 comments:

jinxi~ aka angi said...

Missouri is a rocking place to live. I lived in central Missouri almost all of my life. So going to St.L or KC was a real treat! I love them both. Sorry you couldnt get more time at the Arch! Next time, come and stay around for lunch and Id love to meet ya'll.

Im glad you found some shopping time too! ;)